The municipality was originally known as the Michipicoten Township, but changed its name to Wawa in 2007 to match that of its largest community.
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station - 12 Ontario St.Edit
- Unit 1 - 1997 International 4900 / Fort Garry pumper (1050/800/30F) (SN#M5932)
- Unit 2 - 2005 Freightliner M2-106 / Pierce pumper (1050/1000/40F) (SN#4413134)
- Unit 3 - 2001 Ford F-550 / Dependable light rescue
- 1993 Ford F-700 / Fort Garry tanker (420/1500) (SN#M5248)
- 1980 Grumman Step van step van rescue
- 1976 Ford C900 / King pumper (625/600) (Sold to Michipicoten First Nation Fire Department)
- 1970 Ford C / LaFrance pumper (625/600)
- 1952 GMC / Lafrance pumper (500/?)