The Rosemont District Fire Department protects communities in Dufferin and Simcoe Counties. Rosemont is located west of Alliston on the Simcoe-Dufferin county line and on the boundary between the Town of Mono, Township of Mulmur and the Township of Adjala-Tosorontio. Service is provided to portions of these 3 municipalities by the RDFD which is currently a 100% Volunteer department. The fire hall itself is located in Dufferin County and includes 4 large bays, offices and training rooms as well as a compressor room for SCBA refills.
The Rosemont District Fire Department amalgamated with the Adjala-Tosorontio Fire Department in 2011. The Rosemont Firehall is designated Firehall 3 within the ATRDFD (Adjala-Tosorontio and Rosemont District Fire Department). ATDFD Firehall 1 is in Everett and Firehall 2 is in Loretto. Rosemont retains its own crests and other distinctions within the ATDFD.
As a result of the amalgamation, the 3 Firehalls fall under the Fire Chief with each station maintaining a district and deputy distriction chief.
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station - 955716EHS Mono 7th Line, RosemontEdit
- Pump 1 - 1995 Freightliner FL80 / Fort Garry (1050/1000) (SN#M5950)
- Tanker 1 - 2002 International 5600 / Dependable (port./2900)
- Rescue 1 - 2008 International 7400 4x4 / Metalfab
- Squad 31 - 2012 Pierce Saber (1050/1500) (SN#25009)
- Trailer - 2008 with Polaris 'Ranger 1' ATV
- 1989 Mack MR688P / Almonte pumper (625/800) (SN#3709) (ex-Whitby Fire and Emergency Services)
- 1978 Ford E light rescue
- 1975 GMC / Pierreville heavy rescue (ex-?)
- 1970 Ford C900 pumper (ex-?)