In 2001, Powassan was amalgamated with the Town of Trout Creek and Township of Himsworth South. This combined the existing Powassan department with the Trout Creek Fire Department and Himsworth South Township Fire Department. Himsworth South's station, located in the south end of Powassan, was closed, and the service operated from the remaining halls.
|Fire Station||Main Street, Powassan||2001 (amalgamation)-2001||Former Himsworth South fire station. Closed upon amalgamation. Now used by Public Works.|
|Fire Station 1||466 Main Street, Powassan||19??-present||Part of municipal building. Former Ontario Ministry of Natural Resources office.|
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station 1 - 466 Main StreetEdit
- Pump 1 - 2003 Freightliner FL80 / Superior (1050/900/50F) (SN#SE 2994)
- Rescue 1 - 1985 International S1900 / 1994 Wilcox walk-in (Ex-Callander Fire and Emergency Services)
- 2000? Freightliner tanker
- 1996 International tanker (?/2600)
- Parade - 1952 Ford pumper (425/500)
Fire Station 2 - 130 Main Street, Trout CreekEdit
- Pump 2 2008 International 4400 / Metalfab (1050/1200/?F)
- Tanker 2 - 1992 International / 200? Hutchinson (-/2500)
- 2013 Ford F550 / Dependable mini-pumper
- Parade - 1959 Chevrolet Viking 60 / Thibault pumper (500/500) (SN#392527)
- 1998 Ford cube van rescue (semi-retired)
- 1995 Ford E light rescue
- 1977 Ford C900 / Pierreville pumper (840/600) (SN#PFT-735)
- 1977 Ford C900 / Pierreville pumper (840/600) (SN#PFT-670)
The Town purchased a former elementary school for use as a municipal building in October 2016. A n 8000 square foot 3-bay drive-through fire hall will also be built on the location at 250 Clark Street. A construction tender was awarded in May 2017, and completion is planned for later the same year.