Kirkland Lake is located in northern Ontario. The town has a population of 13000 people spread in an area of 263 square kilometres, although most live in the Kirkland Lake townsite and community of Swastika. The local economy is centred around gold mining, forestry and the service sector.
These are lists of major fires Kirkland Lake has had over the years.
- 1980 - The Strand
- 1988 - Video Store & Restaraunt
- 1994 - Trusslers Home Hardware
- 1996 - Billy's Restaurant
- 1998 - Mama's Pizza
- 2017 - Rhythm and Motion Academy of Dance (Trusslers Plot)
Kirkland Lake operates a composite department, with a full-time chief, four full-time platoon chiefs and six full-time firefighters, supplemented by 25 part-timers.
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station 1 - 8 O'Meara BoulevardEdit
- Pump 1 - 1997 Freightliner FL80 / Superior (1050/800) (SN#SE 1769)
- Pump 3 - 2003 Freightliner FL70 / American LaFrance (1050/800) (SN#3604)
- Ladder 4 - 1988 Pierce Lance (?/?/105' rearmount) (SN#E4235) (ex-North Bay Fire and Emergency Services (Ontario), ex-Milford Fire Department (Connecticut))
- Rescue Unit - 1999 Chevrolet / Reading walk-around
- Chief - 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 truck
- 2004 GMC 3500 light rescue (Ex-Minto Fire Department (Ontario))
Fire Station 2 - 202 Government Road, SwastikaEdit
- 1986 GMC / Dependable light rescue
- 1977 Ford C900 / Thibault pumper (625/?)
- 1974 International Cargostar / Thibault quint (840/100') (SN#T74-236)
- 1970 Ford C900 / King pumper (840/500) (SN#70007) (ex-Brantford Fire Department)
- 1955 International / LaFrance pumper (500/?)
- 1939 Lafrance pumper (1050/?)
- Ford C pumper