Kirkland Lake is located in northern Ontario. The town has a population of 13000 people spread in an area of 263 square kilometres, although most live in the Kirkland Lake townsite and community of Swastika. The local economy is centred around gold mining, forestry and the service sector.
Kirkland Lake operates a composite department, with a full-time chief, four full-time platoon chiefs and six full-time firefighters, supplemented by 25 part-timers.
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station 1 - 8 O'Meara BoulevardEdit
- Pump 1 - 1997 Freightliner FL80 / Superior (1050/800) (SN#SE 1769)
- Pump 3 - 2003 Freightliner FL70 / American LaFrance (1050/800) (SN#3604)
- Ladder 4 - 2001 Pierce Lance
- Rescue Unit - 1999 Chevrolet / Reading walk-around
- 2009 Chevrolet 4x4 Chief's truck
Fire Station 2 - 202 Government Road, SwastikaEdit
- 1977 Ford C900 / Thibault pumper (625/?)
- 1986 GMC / Dependable light rescue
- 1974 International Cargostar / Thibault quint (840/100') (SN#T74-236)
- 1970 Ford C900 / King pumper (840/500) (SN#70007) (ex-Brantford Fire Department)
- 1955 International / LaFrance pumper (500/?)
- 1939 Lafrance pumper (1050/?)
- Ford C pumper