Goulais Fire & Rescue Volunteers protects a municipally-unorganized area north of Sault Ste. Marie. Funding is provided through the Ontario Fire Marshal's Office and local fundraising. Unorganized townships covered include Fenwick, Haviland, Kars, Ley, Pennefather and Van Koughnet and portions of Dennis. The service also protects the Goulais Bay First Nation under contract.
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station - 240 Old Highway 17 Road, Goulais RiverEdit
- Engine 23 - 1999 International 4900 / Fort Garry (?/1000)
- Tanker 24 - 2000 International 4900 / Almonte (1050/2000) (ex-Havelock-Belmont-Methuen Fire Department)
- Rescue 25 - 2014 International TerraStar / Asphodel walk-in
- Support 26 - 2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab
- ATV - 2009 Arctic Cat
- Snowmobile - 1998 Ski Doo Skandic
- Squad 5634 - 2005 Ford Expedition / Rowland 'Medical Response'
- 1995 GMC Vandura 3500 / 2001? Asphodel light rescue
- 1982 Ford pumper (?/400)
- 1976 Mack tanker (-/2500)