The Britt and Area Fire and Rescue Department protects a municipally-unorganized area in the northern portion of the District of Parry Sound. Funding is provided through the Ontario Fire Marshal's Office and local fundraising. The OFM also provided the main pumper truck (Unit 1) and originally supplied the 1979 International / Thibault. The team provides auto extrication services for a significant portion of Highway 69.
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Britt Fire Station - 819 Highway 526, BrittEdit
- Unit 3 - 2003 GMC C5500 / Asphodel heavy rescue
- Unit 4 - 1996 Ford E / Wilcox first response unit (SN#96-231)
- 2017 Freightliner M2 106 / Fort Garry pumper (1050/800/25F)
Byng Inlet Fire Station - 2 Unit Street, Byng InletEdit
- Unit 2 - 1989 Ford F800 / Fort Garry pumper (ex-Seguin Township Fire Department (Ontario))
- 2000 GMC C8500 / Fort Garry pumper (500/900/20A) (SN#M6464)
- 1986 Ford F800 / Fort Garry pumper (840/600) (SN#SS 3449) (ex-Carling Fire-Rescue)
- 1979 International S1924 / Thibault front-mount pumper (625/1000) (SN#T79-110) (former Ontario Fire Marshal truck)