Blandford-Blenheim Township is located northeast of Woodstock and borders both Waterloo Region and Brant County. The township is home to 7700 people over an area of 382 km².
The fire department is mainly volunteer, with 64 POC/volunteer firefighters operating from four stations. There is a full-time Director of Protective Services. Each station is managed by a deputy chief. Dispatch is provided through City of Woodstock Police Force.
Portions of Blandford-Blenheim are covered by the East Zorra-Tavistock Township Fire Department in Innerkip, North Dumfries Township Fire Department in Ayr and Wilmot Township Fire Department in New Dundee. Firefighters from the Princeton station also respond into parts of nearby Brant County. Drumbo Station covers 26 km of Highway 401.
Blandford-Blenheim Township was created in 1974 through the amalgamation of the two named townships.
|Fire Station 3||4 Hume Street, Plattsville||19??-2014|
|Fire Station 4||886277 Oxford Road 8, Bright||1980-present||In 2016, the fire hall expanded to include the adjoining community centre.|
|Fire Station 1||67 Main Street South, Princeton||1985-present|
|Fire Station 2||97 Oxford Street West, Drumbo||2005- present|
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station 1 - 67 Main Street South, PrincetonEdit
- Unit 8101 - 2015 Freightliner M2/ Metalfab pumper (1050/1000)
- Unit 8102 - 2007 Freightliner M2/ Eastway tanker (250/2000)
- Unit 8107 - 2016 Polaris Ranger 800cc 6X6 outfitted with 75 gallon Pump Unit and Stokes Basket.
Fire Station 2 - 96 Oxford Street West, DrumboEdit
- Unit 8201 - 2010 International WorkStar / Asphodel pumper (1050/800/30F) (SN#158010)
- Unit 8202 - 2000 Freightliner / C-Max tanker (-/2500)
- Unit 8207 - 1990 Ford C8000 / E-One pumper (840/1000) (SN#8617)
Fire Station 3 - 112 Albert Street East, PlattsvilleEdit
- Unit 8301 - 2005 Freightliner M2 / Carl Thibault pumper (1050/1000/25F)
- Unit 8302 - 1995 International 4900 / C-Max tanker (300/2500)
Fire Station 4 - 886277 Oxford Road 8, BrightEdit
Built 1980, expanded into adjoining community centre in 2016
- Unit 8401 - 1993 International 4900 / Superior pumper (1050/1000) (SN#SE 1340)
- Unit 8402 - 1989 Ford F / Gibson Welding tanker (250/1500)
- 1987 Ford F800 / Thibault pumper (840/800) (SN#T87-153)
- 1985 Ford F800 / 1987 Hub pumper (840/700) (SN#1200) (ex-Wellesley Township Fire Department (Ontario))
- 1982 GMC C7000 / Thibault pumper (625/500)
- 1980 GMC C7000 / King tanker (250/1500) (SN#800071)
- 1970 Ford C / King tanker (250/1500) (SN#69048) (ex-Cambridge Fire Department (Ontario))
- 1964 Chevrolet / King pumper (625/600) (SN#64062)
- 1964 GMC / King pumper (625/600) (SN#64069)
- 1957 Dodge D700 / King pumper (625/500) (SN#5707)
A September 2016 consultant's report recommended the closure of Station 4 in Bright, among other changes.