Bayham is located in the easternmost portion of Elgin County, south of Tillsonburg. It is home to 7000 people and is 245 square kilometres in size. The municipality is predominantly rural, but contains several communities, including Port Burwell, Straffordville and Vienna.
Bayham has a full-time chief and approximately 37 part-time/volunteer firefighters operating from two stations.
In 1998, Bayham was amalgamated with Port Burwell and Vienna to form an expanded Municipality of Bayham. This combined the Bayham Township Fire Department with the Port Burwell Fire Department.
|Fire Station||First Street, Straffordville||19??-1995||Now part of an expanded municipal building.|
|Fire Station 1||20 Pitt Street, Port Burwell||1998 (amalgamation)-2012||Built 1962. Former Port Burwell Fire Department station.|
All pump/tank measurements are in Imperial gallons.
Fire Station 1 - 55451 Nova Scotia Line, Port BurwellEdit
- Pump 1 - 2005 Freightliner M2 / Rosenbauer (1050/900/30F) (SN#1347405)
- Tanker 1 - 2000 GMC C8500 / Superior (1050/1700) (SN#SE 2279)
- Rescue 1 - 2015 Ford F550 / Eastway walk-around rescue
- 1998 Ford F Super Duty / Dependable walk-in rescue
- Parade - 1932 Chevrolet / Bickle pumper (ex-West Lorne Fire Department)
Fire Station 2 - 55764 Third Street, StraffordvilleEdit
- Pumper 2 - 2009 International 7400 / Rosenbauer (1050/2500/50F)
- Tanker 2 - 2003 International 4400 / Superior (840/1700) (SN#SE 2967)
- Rescue 2 - 2015 Ford F550 / Eastway walk-around rescue
- 1992 Ford E350 / Unicell light rescue
- 1984 Ford L8000 / King pumper (625/1000) (SN#840001)
- 1978 Chevrolet cube van rescue
- 1977 International CO1710B / Pierreville pumper (840/500) (SN#PFT-668) (ex-North York Fire Department (Ontario))
- 1975 Chevrolet C65 / King tanker (250/2000) (SN#75036)
- 1973 International CO1910A / Pierreville pumper (840/500) (SN#PFT-284) (ex-North York Fire Department)
- 1966 Ford C / King pumper (SN#65125) (Sold to Perry Township Fire Department (Ontario))
- Bayham Fire Department
- Bayham Fire and Emergency Services Facebook page
- Bayham Station 2 Facebook page